The Royalty Braid
2. Mist the hair lightly with CHI Volume Booster, concentrating mainly on the root area to add volume and thickness to the hair.
3. Section the top of the head in a horseshoe parting from temple to temple. Begin creating a Loose Dutch Braid. As you braid use your fingers to gently loosen the strands of the braid before securing the end with a clear elastic band, leaving the ends loose.
4. Start below the parting and place a 1” sections of the client’s hair into your CHI LAVA Pro Spin N Curl to create voluminous curls. After the beep remove the hair and hold in your hand for a few seconds to set the curl.
5. Repeat step 4 from temple to temple. To customize your look, switch the direction of the curl in the back of the head. Then use your fingers to loosen and blend the curls.
6. At the temple create a medium sized Dutch Braid secure it with a clear elastic band leaving the ends out. Repeat on the opposite side.
7. Then use another elastic band to connect all three braids in the back. Separate a few strands of hair from the end of the ponytail to twist wrap around the braids. Wrap the hair tightly to avoid gaps and secure it with a bobby pin at the back base of the ponytail.
8. Spray a light amount of CHI Royal Treatment Ultimate Control to the hair for a versatile natural hold. To add flare to the look, incorporate a fashionable crown accessory to the back braids.
The Waterfall Braid
2. Create a part according to the hair’s natural fall. Begin a diagonal three strand S braid starting at the center of the fringe along the part.
3. While braiding take small strands of hair to insert into the braid working around the natural curve of the head.
4. Leave 2 inches of hair loose along the perimeter and continue braiding. If needed, spray a light amount of CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold on the hair to smooth down any fly-aways as you braid.
5. Loosen your grip as you curve the braid towards the opposite ear slightly below the occipital bone. This will help create the curved S for your braid pattern.
6. When creating the second curve on the opposite side of the head, leave 2 inches of hair out from the temple and along the perimeter.
7. Continue creating the S pattern until you have braided the entire strand, securing it with a clear elastic band.
8. Add flower accessories to finalize look and secure with a hairpin. Then spray a light amount of CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Firm Hold to the hair for a versatile natural hold.
1. Start the look by sectioning the hair into three sections. Part the hair at the fringe according to the hair’s natural fall. Then create the next section starting behind the ear across the crown to the opposite side.
2. Create a subsection at the nape and pin the remaining hair up. Spray a light amount of CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold to the hair as you curl to create a versatile hold.
3. Use the CHI Lava Spin N Curl to create large voluptuous curls as you work from nape to fringe. Once the curler beeps, gently remove the hair and hold for a few seconds. This will allow the curl to set.
4. Then run your fingers through the hair to loosen the curls. Spray the curls with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Firm Hold for flexibility.
5. Create a section around the crown. Holding the crown section in your hand tease, or backcomb, the hair to create volume. Using your fingers gently pull on some of the strands at the top of the crown to add dimension.
6. Secure the section with a clear elastic band, leaving the ends loose. Then add your crown accessory to the front of the crown section.
7. Take a small section of hair on the front-side of the accessory to create a two strand twist. Twist the hair to the mid-shaft and use a hairpin to secure it below the crown section.
8. Repeat step 7 on the opposite side leaving at least 2 inches of hair loose to frame the face. Finalize the look by spraying a light amount of CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray to the hair for a versatile hold. Farouk Systems Inc.