04 Jun Get the Look: Jaime Pressly’s Braided Hawk
Hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek created a stunning look for Jaime Pressly at the recent Critics’ Choice Awards. According to Jonathan, “For Jaime’s look we wanted something glamourous but with a twist. She loves her hair sleek but I wanted to see some texture, so I created her braided hawk.” Recreate the edgy-yet-glam look with the how-to below.
Get the Look:
1. Says Jonathan, “First I prepped the hair with a few drops of CHI Argan plus Moringa Oil. Next, I applied Farouk Royal Treatment Style Illumination and blew dry the top of the head with a vent brush directing the hair up and towards the top of the head. Pro tip: be sure to catch the shorter hairs in back.
2. “I used a small round brush to refine the front hairline.
3. “I worked a small amount of CHI Deep Brilliance Glisten in the palms of my hands and worked it through the hair to smooth and add shine.
4. “To create her braided hawk, I French braided the top of the head with medium tension, secured with a clear Blax Band and tucked the tail under and secured with bobby pins. I used hairpins to tighten and help everything to lay flat to the head, then gently pulled out the front hairline to add height and create texture.
5. “Using a tail comb and hair spray I smoothed any fly-aways.
6. “To control the short sides I used a few shots of spray wax and smoothed with my fingers and finished her look with BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray Firm Hold.”
[Image: Getty Images/Jason LaVeris]